Vrikshasana is made up of two words, ‘Vriksha’ means tree and Asana refers to yoga posture. The final posture of this posture is absolutely firm, which looks like the shape of a tree, hence it has been given this name. It is a meditative meditation posture which is very well described in the practice of the old kings such as King Ashoka. This is not only good for your health but also helps in maintaining mental balance.
Technique or Steps of Vriksasana or Vrksasana (Tree Pose):
- You must first stand upright or come to Tadasana.
- Reduce the space between the legs and keep the hands straight.
- Raise the right leg and hold the ankle with the right hand.
- With the help of both hands, place the right heel on the upper part of the left thigh.
- The direction of the toes should be towards the bottom and press the thigh from the sole of the right foot.
- Keep in mind that make the bent leg right-angled with the other leg.
- Now add the palms and fingers to the prayer posture, lift it up and place it on the chest, then slowly lift them and lift them above the head.
- Both your hands should be adjacent to the head.
- Keep the balance of the body for some time and keep this state according to yourself.
- Now move your hands down and return to the original position.
- Then do the same process from the other side.
- It was a cycle.
- In this way you do 3 to 5 cycles.
Benefits of Vriksasana or Vrksasana (Tree Pose):
- Helpful in stress: By practicing this asana you can reduce stress and anxiety to a great extent.
- Helpful in depression: Regular practice can help you get rid of depression.
- Increase in height: The practice of this asana for young children increases the chances of increasing height.
- In vein pain: By doing this in front of a specialist, vein troubles can be avoided.
- To stop weight gain: By practicing it regularly, body weight can be reduced. It is helpful in melting body fat.
- Vrksasana for knee pain: Patients suffering from knee pain should practice this asana. With regular practice of this asana you can get rid of knee pain forever. If there is more pain in the knee, it should be done under the supervision of a specialist.
- Vrksasana for the pain of the joints: A person troubled by the pain of the ankles should practice this yoga practice. This not only reduces the pain of the ankles but also increases the flexibility of the ankles.
- In the strengthening of the feet: It plays an important role in strengthening the muscles of the feet and at the same time makes the legs powerful.
- Beneficial in arthritis pain: It ends arthritis pain and numbness.
- Helps in balancing the body: Its practice increases balance in the body.
- For the spine: It strengthens the spine and keeps it healthy.
Precautions on Vriksasana or Vrksasana (Tree Pose):
- Vrksasana should not be done by those who have severe pain in their knees.
- This posture should not be practiced if there is more ankle pain.