The bridge pose or bridge bridge stretches the spine, back, thighs and hip flexors. It opens the muscles of the chest, shoulders and heart. If you are suffering from stress, fatigue, anxiety, constant headache problem then you must try this asana. If you are a victim of insomnia, bridge pose is the best posture for you.
Technique of Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (Bridge Pose) :
- Lie on your back. Now bend the knees and keep the feet flat on the floor. Spread your arms on the floor and place the palms towards the ground.
- Now, using the strength of your arms, raise your pelvic area from the floor to the ceiling. Exhale while doing so.
- At this time your body will be in the shape of a bridge. During this time you should have only pelvic area lift. The feet, neck, and head should meet the floor.
- Stay in this posture until you breathe five times.
Benefits of Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (Bridge Pose) :
- Bridge pose has many scientific benefits. It stretches the areas of your chest, neck and spine. It also massages your internal organs. But to ensure that you get the maximum benefit from this posture, you must first understand how your body should align with your feet from your head to your head.
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana Practice your triceps, biceps, hips, pesos and quadriceps. It also extends your chest muscles. It cures asthma and removes impurities from the lungs.
- While practicing this mudra, you constantly use your abdominal muscles and suck in your stomach. It burns off any excess fat in both your chest and abdomen areas. Apart from this, your digestion also improves.
- Practicing bridge pose increases blood circulation through the arteries and relaxes your heart muscle. This prevents cardiac arrest or blockage from occurring in the future.
- Additionally, this pose works your upper and lower back muscles. It relieves back pain, strengthens the spine and reduces strain on the neck. This asana also helps to develop strong shoulders and heal sagged shoulders.
- Sethu Bandha Sarvangasana is beneficial for athletes as it strengthens the calves and thigh muscles. In addition, it easily corrects leg fatigue and can prevent varicose veins from occurring.
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana calms your mind and relaxes the nervous system. It also reduces symptoms of depression, stress and anxiety. In addition, this posture also releases all negative feelings from the body.
- Lastly, this asana also relieves migraine, headache, insomnia and exhaustion.