To perform this asana, the body and face require intense roar of the lion. In this posture, the facial expressions of a practitioner resemble that of a lion and is also known as Singh Mudra. It is quite. It is a very comfortable posture that anyone can do.
Below are some steps to do the Lion Pose (Simhasana) , with the help of which you can easily do this asana.
Technique and Steps of Lion Pose (Simhasana):
- To do Lion Pose (Simhasana), you spread a yoga mat on the floor and sit on it in the posture of Dandasana i.e. spread both legs in front.
- Now bend your right leg and place it on the thigh of the left foot and bend the left leg and place it on the thigh of the right foot.
- To do this asana, you can also sit in the posture of Padmasana.
- Now bend forward and place your hands down on the floor while being on both knees.
- With both hands upright, pull the upper part of your body forward.
- Open your mouth and take your tongue out of the mouth.
- Breathe through your nose and keep your eyes open.
- In this case you will appear in the same posture as a lion.
- Repeat this asana 4 to 6 times for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Finally get your feet back to their starting position by teaching them.
Benefits of Lion Pose (Simhasana):
- According to Yoga we face many problems in our everyday life which are due to annoyance and contempt. The advantages of Lion Pose (Simhasana) provide you with an outlet for negative vitality.
- To perform the tLion Pose (Simhasana) you have to turn your tongue outwards. It helps in doing your mouth exercises due to full stretch out of the mouth of the tongue. It helps to get rid of bad breath. It also cures stutter, gnashing of teeth and back pain.
- By doingLion Pose (Simhasana) fresh blood flows in your face, hence this asana is known as Good Face Exercise. It helps to remove wrinkles and not to age quickly.
- Performing theLion Pose (Simhasana) stretches on your neck muscles which relaxes the neck muscles. Apart from this, this asana helps in getting rid of any infection affecting the respiratory tract. This asana helps improve the tone and texture of the voice. In this way you can get the benefits of throne yoga to keep the muscles healthy.
- The advantages of Lion Pose (Simhasana) help stimulate platism. It is a thin, flat and rectangular muscle that faces the front of the throat. This posture keeps this muscle healthy. Old texts state that it destroys asana diseases and activates three major bandhas – Mool, Jalandhar, and Uddiyana.
- Lion Pose (Simhasana) helps to reduce tension and stress on the chest and face. Apart from this, its other benefits are in face, eyes, tongue, throat, vocal chord, abdomen, respiratory system, diaphragm, chest, hands, and fingers. This asana relieves irritation to the eyes. You can also use throne yoga to relieve your stress.
Before doing Lion Pose (Simhasana)asana keep in mind the following precautions:
- If you have a knee injury, do this asana by sitting in a chair.
- If you have difficulty sitting in Padmasana to do this asana, then you can do it by sitting in Vajrasana as well.
- Before doing any type of asana or pranayama, do take the advice of a yoga expert.