Anulom Vilom means one of the main types of vascular resection pranayama. It is very important and beneficial pranayama. Like other pranayama, it is also breathed and released. Anulom Vilom Pranayama is made up of three words in which Anulom means right nostril and antonym means left nostril and pranayam means breathing. So this asana means breathing in and out of the right and left nostrils.
At the same time, the name of pulse purification pranayama is made up of three words – pulse means energy channels of the body and purification means purification and pranayama means breathing. Practicing pulse purification pranayama helps in purifying the nerves and it also helps in increasing the oxygen levels in the body.
Stress, unhealthy lifestyle, toxins or any other health problem can block the pulse or energy channels in the body due to which you feel tired, lethargy, lethargy etc. Practicing this pranayama helps to open closed nerves and calm the mind.
You can practice this pranayama in the beginning every morning while doing yoga in the morning. All pranayama is practiced at the beginning of a yoga session, before the practice of yogasana. By practicing this for 15 minutes every morning, blood clears and the amount of oxygen in the blood increases. Let’s know how to do Anulom Antonym Pranayam and what are its benefits –
Technique of Anulom Vilom Pranayama:
- Sit down in a meditative state to practice the Anulom Antonyms.
- Sitting on the ground, beating the palate, eyes should be closed. Keep the waist and spine straight and place your hands on your knees.
- Keep the body relaxed and keep breathing deeply.
- Now bring the fingers of your left hand into the Jnana Mudra and make the nasal posture with the fingers of the right hand.
- Now close the left nostril with the ring finger of the right hand and breathe through the right nostril. Now close the right nostril with the thumb of right hand and exhale through the left nostril.
- Now keep the right nostril closed and take a deep breath from the left nostril.
- Now close the left nostril with the ring finger and exhale through the right nostril.
- Similarly, repeat five times and then come back to normal Padmasana.
- After a while in meditation, start practicing it again.
Benefits of Anulom – Antonym Panayama:
- Blood is cleaned by practicing Anulom Vilom Pranayama.
- Helps to improve blood flow in the body.
- It helps to strengthen the respiratory system.
- Reduces physical and mental stress present in the body and helps to calm the mind.
- Its regular practice can also relieve the problem of snoring.
- This pranayama increases the amount of oxygen in the body.
- Helps to maintain body temperature accurately.
- Practice this pranayama only on an empty stomach.
- While doing this pranayama, hold your breath for as long as you are able to stop.
- Do not practice this pranayama if you have any respiratory health problems like asthma.
- People or heart patients should not practice this pranayama when there is a heart problem.